Sunday, March 16, 2008

A Change'll Do You Good

This past week was Boston University's "Spring Break." I say "Spring Break" because mine wasn't exactly indicative of its suggestive connotation (the spring break woo-hoo! type). I wasn't traipsing around Cancun in my bikini or getting cultured at the Roman Colosseum. While fellow BU'ers were spending money, I was making it, working 9-5. And while I'm not going to pretend I'm not jealous of my friends' sunny and exotic photo documentations on Facebook (it sure would've been nice to develop a slightly warmer skin tone), it did feel pretty rewarding and responsible to earn some extra dough to fall back on. Hey, I don't exactly have a job yet, and the days are counting down.


Admittedly, with all the free time I spent in front of a computer this past week, I was surprisingly absent from the blogosphere (besides work on my new blog - up and running soon!). Rather, I used my free computer time as a sort of virtual vacation. I barely checked my favorite blogs or participated in the Twitterverse. Instead, I frequented intellectually-devoid sites (icanhascheezburger.com was a personal favorite) and watched a ton of movies (btw, "Juno," "Gone Baby Gone," "Into the Wild" and "Across the Universe" are highly recommended).

Although I may have been pretty anti-social this spring break,
I'm feeling relaxed and refreshed and ready to be the little media socialite I am again. Sometimes a little vacation from our normal routines, virtual or physical, is just what is needed to stay our normal selves.

Sometimes, a little change'll do you good.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

No spring break over here in Singapore (just 4 months in summer), but Juno's pretty good!

Rachel H. said...

Sounds like my kind of Spring Break...I rarely went away for Spring Break, because I always had to work when I was in college. But I was the one who was always relaxed when everyone returned. While they were trying to get recover...