Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Shifting Gears

It's been a hectic couple of weeks. I've finished my final college work and started my full-time job. This seems a bit strange considering I still have about a week and a half to go before I graduate, and truthfully, some of my friends think I'm nuts (but most of them are also still stressing about exams, so it's fair to say they're also going nuts). Still, I'm excited to be making the transition already. It's comforting knowing I am getting settled into my new life sooner rather than later.


On the other hand, it's been pretty exhausting. Last week I completed two projects, two papers and one final exam. My brain was working overtime, and I barely had time to devote to any therapeutic blogging and/or tweeting. While I've only had two days' experience with this new real-world lifestyle, it's proving to be a rude awakening, and I'm already noticing its tiring effects. However, I'm looking forward to adjusting to the consistent daily routine of a professional career instead of the erratic smorgasbord of college activities and responsibilities.

On the other hand, I can't help but feel a bit nostalgic about the passing of my college life. I've really had a great time and can't imagine a more fulfilling experience than the one I've had at BU. I'll save the memories for graduation day though. I'm not much of a sap, and there's nothing worse than reading other people's sappiness.

In the meantime, I'll be saying goodbye to college and hello to career - and no, I won't be biting the dust at age 36.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

On the bright side, you're working at an awesome job which is right up your alley! That's something to be happy about! You'll do great! I hope I'm as lucky as you are to get a job like that when I eventually graduate.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!! You graduate tomorrow. How is the new job going??