Monday, December 10, 2007

The Twelve Days of Christmas Traditions

It's no secret I have been a pretty lazy blogger lately. I've decided to revive my blog with a series I'll call the "Twelve Days of Christmas Traditions" before Christmas day (even though "traditionally" the Twelve Days of Christmas start on Christmas day). It'll probably be more like twelve total posts of Christmas traditions, but I wanted to make sure you got the "Twelve Days of Christmas" reference (I apologize for insulting anyone's intelligence).

Besides all the usual American Christmas traditions - the lights, the tree, the holiday cookies, the gift-buying stress - I'm sure you all have personal family traditions of your own. I'm not sure, however, they can match the strangeness some of my family's Christmas traditions elicit. I'll start you off with some normal ones, then ease you into the uber-weird.

Elf Yourself - best viral ad ever!

This was brought to my attention last year, so while it may not be a tradition of mine yet, I can see it developing into one. A coworker of mine pointed it out to me, and it quickly became a huge holiday hit. Although last year you could only watch one elf dance, this year you can add up to four! Check it out ...

The Seiple Sister Dancing Elves

My sisters and I make fabulous dancing elves, don't you think? My elf seems a little off - how appropriately in sync with my real world dancing skills!

Great job, Office Max!

No comments: